This page has moved to a new address.

Les Misérables de Victor Hugo

Leonicka Valcius: Les Misérables de Victor Hugo

Friday, January 18, 2013

Les Misérables de Victor Hugo

Last year I wished I read more books in French and Spanish so this year I challenged myself to read Les Misérables in the original French.

Les Miserables (Movie Tie-In Edition)

I started this week and have already learned a lot. For example, it is easier for me to read French out loud than to myself. I think this is because I learned as a spoken language--my parents spoke it at home, I watched French TV, and listened to French radio. So reading and writing French does not come as naturally to me even though I was born in Montreal.

I gave myself a year for this challenge and judging by the length of this book (it came as five ebooks!) I'll need it. I'll post my updates on Twitter using the hashtag #jelisLesMis. Follow along!

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home